Thanks to Maura for submitting this easy vegan recipe! It’s easy to make and can be made the day before to pack for picnics or parties. And with six cups of kale, and a cup of quinoa, it’s so healthy!
6 cups kale, stems removed, finely chopped (1 medium head)
1 cup quinoa
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 lemon, zested
juice of one large lemon
1/3 cup white wine (optional)
1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
1/3 cup corn kernels
1/3 cup parsley
pinch freshly grated nutmeg
salt & pepper
1. Cook quinoa according to the package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat olive oil, add onions and red pepper flakes and saute for 3 minutes or until onions are translucent.
3. Add garlic and lemon zest, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add white wine, stir and let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add salt & pepper.
4. Add kale, 1/2 of the lemon juice and the pinch of nutmeg. Stir to combine and allow to cook over a low flame for 5-7 minutes, or until the kale is wilted and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Now add corn kernels.
5. Add the cooked quinoa to the kale mixture and gently combine. Turn off the heat and add the remaining lemon juice, parsley and toasted walnuts. Taste and add more salt & pepper, if needed.
6. You can also add some dried cranberries to it.
Thanks for shopping the Easy Gourmet
Recipes online Amazon store!