One of my favorite things about fall is the smells that roll in: the cinnamon, the nutmeg, silently surprising your nose. And what better way to pair those than with a drizzle of chocolate. This popcorn vegan dessert snack is a simple but decadent way to welcome any chilly fall day.
Editor’s note: Sunspire makes some super yummy 65% cacao organic dairy-free chocolate chips. We couldn’t find a place to buy just one bag online, but if you’re looking to buy these decadent dairy-free dark chocolate chips in bulk, you can order them on Amazon.
5 cups of popped popcorn (Approx. 1 bag of microwave popcorn)
Pinch of Allspice
Pinch of Ground Cinnamon
6. 5 ounces Dark Chocolate (make sure it's Vegan, read the label!)
1. Cook popcorn in the microwave or on the stovetop.
2. Transfer popcorn into a bowl and sprinkle with the allspice and cinnamon. 3-4 good shakes should do it. Mix until the popcorn is evenly coated with a little of each.
4. Prepare the chocolate drizzle. Break apart your chocolate bars into pieces and put them in a small pot on medium heat. Keep stirring the chocolate with a spoon until it is almost all melted. The heat of the already melted chocolate and the pot will melt the rest. Be sure to watch the chocolate so it doesn't burn.
5. Remove pot from heat and drizzle chocolate on the popcorn with a spoon. Use the spoon to help spread and coat the popcorn with chocolate. Leave baking sheet on the counter until the chocolate has set. Eat and enjoy this sweet spiced treat!
Thanks for shopping the Easy Gourmet
Recipes online Amazon store!